A group of Chinese hackers who called themselves the “Pangu Team” have released the much anticipated untethered jailbreak for iOS 7.1 and 7.1.1. This can be downloaded on both Windows and Mac. The software is very easy to use and install. Today you will learn how to jailbreak your iOS 7.1, 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 with this step-by-step guide.
The Pangu jailbreak is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini (1st generation)
- iPod touch 5G
In order to jailbreak your iDevice, the following must be done first:
- If you have a passcode, please disable it as jailbreak may fail.(Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Off)
- Backup your device using iTunes or iCloud before starting
- Please ensure you’ve updated iTunes to the latest version.
- Please note that jailbreaking your iOS device may void your warranty and hence proceed with caution and at your own risk.
Before we start, you can download Pangu ios 7.1.1/7.1.2 here
Cydia Help – How to jailbreak iOS 7.1/7.1.1/7.1.2
Step 1: For Windows, run the Pangu launch.exe file as an administrator. For mac users, mount the .dmg by double clicking it.
Step 2: Connect your iOS device to the computer and click the jailbreak button.
Step 3: You will be presented with on-screen instructions. You will be eventually asked to change the date of your device to June 2nd. To do so, go to Settings –> General –> Date and Time. Turn off “Set Automatically” option.
Step 4: After the device restarts, you will see the Pangu app. Tap on the app when prompted to do so.You will get a warning message. Tap on the Continue button to continue with the jailbreak process.
Step 5: Your device will reboot several times. After it is done rebooting, you should see Cydia on the home screen. Now you are ready to install tweaks and apps on your iOS 7 device. You can also revert back your passcode and the option to set the time automatically.
I hope this iOS 7.1/7.1.1/7.1.2 jailbreak guide has helped you install the Pangu jailbreak on your iOS 7 device.