iOS 11 came with a lot of enhancements but lacks the Cydia support till date. If you are constantly searching for ways to jailbreak iOS 11, We have some good news for you. You can jailbreak iOS 11.x, but there are a few limitations with it. This jailbreak sparks hope in the community that a fully working jailbreak method will be released shortly. iOS 11 jailbreak will lack Cydia Substrate as it isn’t compatible with iOS 11 right now.
There is no need to worry at the moment as Saurik has been working on the update. If you are a geek and likes to mess with the device, then this jailbreak is for you. You can jailbreak your device and can play with it. All thanks to “Electra Jailbreak Toolkit” which made the impossible possible.
- CoolStart developed the new jailbreak toolkit Electra.
- You can jailbreak all Apple devices running iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2.
- This tool is intended for developers and themers.
As mentioned above the jailbreak toolkit is mainly for themers. If you are a themer, then you can use this tool to jailbreak your device. It also comes with all the necessary tools to built and test your themes.
Electra Jailbreak Toolkit Includes:
- Safe Mode
- GNU CoreUtilities
Jailbreak Toolkit Doesn’t Include:
If you are a regular user who likes to try new Cydia tweaks, then this isn’t for you. You can check the below image which gives a clear idea of what you can do with this jailbreak.
The above theme is developed by the toolkit creator “CoolStar.” So let’s dive into our guide on How to Download Electra Jailbreak and How to install it.
How to Use Electra Jailbreak Tool on iOS 11 Devices
If you are jailbreaking for the first time, then we advise you that it voids the warranty and you can remove jailbreak whenever you want. We hope that you know what you are doing so proceed with caution. As the jailbreak is still in the beta stage, you will face bugs or issues here and there. There is no need to panic as it is quite normal.
There 3 steps involved to jailbreak your iOS 11 device which are
- Download Electra Jailbreak IPA
- Install Electra Jailbreak on iOS 11 Devices
Download Electra Jailbreak IPA
- You need to download the Electra Jailbreak IPA file from here.
- Once the page loads completely click on “Download” button.
- It will download the latest version i.e. Electra b10.ipa as of writing this guide.
Now it’s time to install Electra Jailbreak on iOS 11 devices. We tested this method, and it is working. In case if you are having any issues then do let us know via comments below.
How to Install Electra Jailbreak on iOS 11 – 11.1.2 Devices
The process of installing the Electra IPA file is similar to the installation of normal IPA files. Make sure you follow all the steps to avoid any installation issues.
- Download the latest version of Electra Jailbreak from above link.
- You need to download Cydia Impactor to sideload apps on your iPhone or iPad.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Open Cydia Impactor, and you can see your device connection status.
- Next, drag and drop the IPA file onto Cydia Impactor.
- You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID & Password.
- It will take a while for the installation to complete.
If you try to open Electra application right away after installation, you will get “Untrusted Developer” warning message. This is quite normal, and you can simply fix it by navigating to Settings > General > Device & Management. Now you are about to jailbreak your device.
How to Jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2
- Open Electra application on your device.
- Make sure you have enabled “Tweaks” in the application.
- Tap on Jailbreak.
- Sit back and relax while your iPhone or iPad is jailbroken.
In case of any issues, you can try running the following command over SSH which will enable the tweaks if they are missing.
That’s it you have successfully jailbroken iOS 11 without any issues. If you are having any problems with the jailbreak, then feel free to comment below so that we can help you out. Don’t forget to bookmark our site to get latest Cydia & Jailbreak updates.